Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was at a little group think with my friend, my mom so kindly cleaned Caroline's tank for me. When I came home it was time to take Caroline out of the cup she was in for water changes and into the tank,

My mom was trying to pour some of the water out of the cup with the net at the opening so Caroline wouldn't fall out. But she did! She fell right onto the sink. My mom quickly picked her up and put her into the tank.

I was just wondering if anything bad can happen from her going onto the sink.
Injury? Sick? Soap residue?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yikes! I would think she'll be ok as your mom acted so quickly, but watch her just to be safe.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
She should be fine. I always pour the water through the net while holding it over a clean bowl should such accidents occur.

BTW, what size is her tank?
That is a great idea! I will try that next time! Her tank is 5 gallons but I have it only filled up a little bit because she is a bit hurt and she is currently having trouble swimming around. (It isn't from the sink accident.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Fish are more resilient than most think. Keep an eye out for any damage, scrapes & such, clean water for a week is a really good idea. I've had countless fish miss the bag in the wee hours of the morning before an auction or swap. My biggest concern, since they most often end up on the floor, often bouncing off something on their gravity induced adventure, is the dogs. Leave it alone stops them, I'll find the fish, toss it in a tank I'm not pulling from that day, without a similar fish. Can't remember ever having an issue, I make sure that tank gets a bit more attention for a few days after.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fish are more resilient than most think. Keep an eye out for any damage, scrapes & such, clean water for a week is a really good idea. I've had countless fish miss the bag in the wee hours of the morning before an auction or swap. My biggest concern, since they most often end up on the floor, often bouncing off something on their gravity induced adventure, is the dogs. Leave it alone stops them, I'll find the fish, toss it in a tank I'm not pulling from that day, without a similar fish. Can't remember ever having an issue, I make sure that tank gets a bit more attention for a few days after.
Just checked her out, she looks fine. You seem like a big fish expert/enthusiast. I have seen a lot of your posts and you really know your stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts