Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I was thinking of getting two more babies... haha. But I've not the space for a particularly large tank, but I came across the Betta Falls Tank. I was just curious for anyone who's owned it, is it alright to house 2 bettas, (A male and a female) and where does the heater go?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
this is not a suitable home for one betta, let alone 3!....ive told quite a few people who have purchased and stocked this, you need a separate tank for each betta, unless you can get a 10 gallon, then you can split it, but only into 2. long story short, the minimum tank size I would divide into 3 is a 15gallon, where this tank holds only a few gallons...and as you have noticed, theres not really space for a heater anyways:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright then, thank you for the advice!

I just thought it would look amazing, but I've no idea on it's measurements, I thought each little holder was one gallon...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The spot where the water flows from one compartment to the next is awful. The local Petco has one of these set up and running with three bettas and the last time I was in there I had to save a poor little veiltail twice when the current pulled his tail and he got stuck with it sticking into the other compartment. :(

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Not even close. Maybe 1/4 of a gallon. They are super tiny.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good grief... that's sounds terrible, I'll be sure to avoid these, maybe I'll just get 2, 2.5 gallon tanks. It'll be more costly but at least none of them would get hurt or die...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
And just as splashy was saying, the current is way to strong. I've also seen that happen ironically at petco as well. They also had one in one of those crazy betta planters.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I would suppose there's no spot to buffer the filter or place a heater, right?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Not to my knowledge. As far as I know it's basically a water fountain with 3 boxes that they claim is suitable for bettas.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Terrible... It's a shame, it would have been an alright concept if it had at least one gallon...

But alright then, I guess I'll just have to get them individual homes, (I have terrible luck with divided tanks.)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, I am having to keep a hawk eye on my two in their new divided tank. Both of them a little to keen on getting into the middle section. I've already had to help my male get unstuck from the filter once already.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh my gosh... I know what you mean, I used to have my oldest crowntail and a new delta tail sharing a tank, but he nipped the delta's tail, so I had to return him, and house my crowntail in his own tank, but not before the little one made a jump over Mr. delta's section. :'c

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well so far, no jumping. My female is so small that she was able to squeeze through with the space of a suction cup, got her out and then my male just pushed his divider and forced his way through. But that's why I'm watching.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, that's been one of my worries too. Hopefully she didn't get hurt?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Neither one was hurt. Just my male's pride was hurt a little. He got stuck on the intake tube of the filter. But I was already there to save him before he got hurt.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh okay, good. I don't think I would have been calm about it if that was to happened to me...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I would have if any damage. I would have blamed myself, even though I'm trying my best to do right by them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From what you've been saying, I think you're doing fine. Most people (Like my ten year old self) stick them in a vase and call it day. :c

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That's all thanks to this forum. I had lots of tropical fish as a child and my first pet was 3 goldfish. I killed them because I thought they were cold so I turned thier heater up and killed them. (I was only 4). My other fish, I had for 5-10 years (community-based tank with the same fish the whole time)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts