Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my tank there is one space facing me that isn't covered by the lid, and I have been dropping Fawkes' food in there, he would swim up, eat it and then proceed to swim around. This morning Fawkes was swimming like normal but whenever I go near his tank he swims up to where I drop his food, like he is hungry and waiting to be fed. He does this even after I give him his breakfast of three pellets. The first time he did this I assumed he was starving and gave him just one pellet after breakfast. I don't know if he's just really hungry or not. I don't know wether to feed him when he does this or not, I don't want to under or overfeed him, what do I do? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Three pellets is perfectly fine for a betta. Many bettas learn to swim to their feeding spot when they see their owner approaching. I tend to see it as a greeting, like, "Hello!" He is not necessarily asking for food; he is definitely not starving if you give him 3 pellets a day. I normally feed mine 3 pellets in the morning and 3 at night. What you're doing right now is great. If you feel so inclined, you could also feed him at night, just make sure that it doesn't cause him to get bloated.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You're doing just fine, no need to feed him again. Think of it like a dog sitting next to your feet at the dinnertable, or standing under your feet while you cook. Does he need food? no, but he wants it :p He's begging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts