Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta First Aid?

504 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Draug Isilme 
#1 ·
I know you people are probably sick of me. But guess what I'm going to make another thread anyways lol. I recently acquired two Betta fish. They are fine as far as I can tell; even though I'm not to hopeful as I'm trying to cycle their tanks. It will be a miracle if they live. I'm being as diligent as me and my wallet can to give them a good life.

So I know at some point they may become ill and I want to be prepared. What do you guys recommend for a good hospital tank set up? Also what are good medications and remedies to have? I know about the aq and epsom salt, not really sure when to use them.

#2 ·
As far as setup goes, I wouldn't go any smaller than a 1g for each fish; 2-2.5g otherwise so you can properly heat it, especially for those times when you need something warmer than 80 degrees . You don't really want to go too big 'cause you'll end up doing 100% water changes anyway- you'll just end up wasting a lot of time and effort if you did...

#4 ·
2.5g and a good adjustable heater like 25w Marineland Visitherm or Hydor Theo. That's all you need for a hospital tank. If you want to cycle it I suggest a 5g and sponge filter but not necessary.

#5 ·
^ agreed. ... including plants- some medications can effect them apparently >.>;;....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.