Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how often you guys feed your bettas. I have tetrabetta mini pellets right now for mine and it says to feed him 3-4 pellets twice daily. I'm finding I often shouldn't trust packages (or store personnel) so I wanted to ask your opinions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Surprisingly, the package is accurate. For minis you would want to do more then the common sized pellets (2-3 per meal 2x daily), so 3-4 per meal twice daily for those is accurate. I don't think those are as "mini" as most other brands, but not as large either.. so I would follow the directions of 3-4 per meal at first and see how he does.
A somewhat rounded belly after eating is normal, but if it gets too big then you know to cut back to 2-3 per meal and see how he fairs then.

I feed mine twice a day, different types of food ranging from pellets, live, home made foods.. I have the flakes and freeze dried, etc.. but I rarely if ever feed them those, as most of mine won't touch them, not to mention rather give them more nutrition (that is generally removed from freeze dried and frozen) then empty calories.

Pellets I go with Omega One Betta Buffet, and generally 2-4 per meal depending upon each one individually as they differ from how much they can handle, and their age.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for the quick response. I'll just go by the package then. I did get him some freeze dried blood worms too, but I knew not to feed him those often.

By the way the betta in your avatar looks awesome :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts