Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a betta fish from Wal-Mart. It was a very spur of the moment decision but I felt extremely sorry for the sickly little guy. Since purchasing him he has been living in a heated and filtered 6.5 gallon tank and his condition seems to have improved, however upon purchase I noticed unusual discoloration of the scales covering the gills (specifically the scales bettas flare when agitated). The scales have shiny patches of a silver/iridescent color. The discoloration is only on these particular scales. I assumed it was just a part of the bettas natural color but now I'm not so sure. After flaring these particular scales one side did not return to the normal position and is still partially sticking out. My question is is this a result of disease over exercising of fins or perhaps the way bettas "shed" unhealthy scale tissue.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Please post a picture of your betta and fill out the form on the thread called please read before posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.