Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you just got him, or just put him in the tank, he might just be adjusting to the new tank. If he is new, give him a week.

Some of the bettas don't like really bright light, especially when they are adjusting to a new tank, he could be a bit freaked out by the tank light if you have one.

How long have you had him?

·
Registered
575 Posts
It might be his personality to be a bit shy. If he's new he'll soon warm to you and as he learns that you are the one who feeds him and takes care of him he'll grow to love you back and will interact with you more. If you've had him a while check him for any other problems to make sure it's not disease. Is his tank heated and filtered? What size is it? tank mates?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you just got him, or just put him in the tank, he might just be adjusting to the new tank. If he is new, give him a week.

Some of the bettas don't like really bright light, especially when they are adjusting to a new tank, he could be a bit freaked out by the tank light if you have one.

How long have you had him?
i just got him yesterday from the pet shop. so yea i think its cause he's still adjusting..thanks:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be his personality to be a bit shy. If he's new he'll soon warm to you and as he learns that you are the one who feeds him and takes care of him he'll grow to love you back and will interact with you more. If you've had him a while check him for any other problems to make sure it's not disease. Is his tank heated and filtered? What size is it? tank mates?
i just bought him yesterday so yea i think its cause he's still new. he has a 1.5 gallon tank thats filtered and heated and no tank mates.. thanks:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts