Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Tao: Butterfly Halfmoon, Ivan: Kitty!, Firefly: TB Horse<3
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai guys, I'm thinking of attempting to make a betta game thing. First one it'd be though hehe. I took some front back and side pictures of bettas from google images, sorry if they're yours and you don't want me to use them.

I modeled the side, but I'm still figuring things out. I'll keep you guys posted o-o.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That'd be interesting.

I'm actually a player on a game called Dog Dayzz. In the game you can own, train and breed dogs. Not just purebreds but mixes too.

I've seen different games like this online and Nintendo has some called Dogz pack, Catz clan, Monkey House and Horseshoe ranch.

It'd be nice to see a similar game with bettas.

I've also seen roleplay games featuring animals as well.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys c: I deleted that file because I'm going to start anew, but modeling is the easiest part so it shouldn't take long.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Coloring! I'm striving for a marble thing, but I'm probably just going to make it solid blue or something.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ambitious! I'd like too see how this goes. I have some tips with modeling for games:

It's best not to make the whole fish with one mesh/shape. For things like this it's easier to make the body a single shape- for example start from a cylinder and mold it from there. Fins are best made out of seperate flat planes- by doing this it is easier to animate and you can apply lovely flowy physics to them to make them look more natural in the game engine. It's also far easier to UV map and texture!

I haven't used blender myself but I hear complex animation can get difficult in it. I used to do a Degree in Games Design, so if you want to know about making a 3D game and optimising models for gameplay- feel free to shoot me a PM. I focused on visuals and animating, so I don't know much in programming.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.