Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Please help friends! I have betta male and he’s made a bubble nest, (during breeding) and then the female went in....I also put the plant, and under the plant he made his bubble nest! So I don’t really know whether or not the spawning has token place or not? I always see them chasing each other and the males sides of the head open up and he gets agressive. The female has the white dot under the stomach area. I don’t no, is she pregnant and ready to lay the eggs or not! I can take a video and photos if you need! Help help

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
All females have white dots under their bellies - regardless if they want to breed or not. Those that do want to breed usually show light colored vertical bars (not visible on light colored females).

First time females usually need 3 or more days of courtship, in which time she will most likely be chased around and even attached.

If they've been together for more than 3 days, and or if you think the female is getting beat up too much, it's best to postpone breeding and separate. Recondition and give the female time to recover.

I don't use anything floating for the nest. Instead, I cover the top, where I want the nest with something solid. This makes it easier to see if there are eggs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You will probably need to recondition. Female betta don't get pregnant but they do get eggy. If you feed a high protein diet of live and frozen foods for at least two weeks before attempting to spawn she should be eggy.
Be careful about leaving your male a female together for too long if they're being aggressive. It could turn fatal.

I think photos or a video would help. What does your breeding tank look like?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will probably need to recondition. Female betta don't get pregnant but they do get eggy. If you feed a high protein diet of live and frozen foods for at least two weeks before attempting to spawn she should be eggy.
Be careful about leaving your male a female together for too long if they're being aggressive. It could turn fatal.

I think photos or a video would help. What does your breeding tank look like?
Thank you so much for ur help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for ur help!
Hello friends, so we have a different situation today I had a female beta in the fish tank alone and then when I got home I saw that all the eggs were on the bottom sinked Is it too late now to add a male betta now to the tank?

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
Yes. Eggs need to be fertilized upon release - the embrace.

For now, You can simply let female eat them and gain the nourishment. Or siphon out the eggs if worried it may make female get used to eating her eggs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts