Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a college student who is looking forward to going home this Saturday.
I also have a beautiful Betta Fish whom I adore.
I also have a horse show this Saturday... and I'm driving with a friend who has a packed car as she is leaving college for good.
So here is my problem...

I am not comfortable leaving my fish here over the break, the heat will be off, people will be inspecting my room I'm just uneasy about it since I love my fish a lot. He's spoiled too.

Furthermore, no one I know/trust is staying on campus. I'm very very lost on what I should do.
I know how to transport him and all but the problem is that I will be at a horse show that isn't heated and it will be snowing. I have hand warmers but he's been used to a normal temperature water.

Any helpful tips on how to proceed?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is there a building near the horse show? You could drain the tank some, put it in the car wrapped in towels, then when you get to the show move it into the building. Also, if you can find a way to get the heater plugged in in your car, then you might be able to leave him in there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Get a cooler. Line the bottom with hand warmers. Put a thick layer of towels on top. Put the tank in, and wrap this with towels and possible some more hand warmers. Leave some space for air over the water, and close the lid while it is still in a warm area. Hopefully, this will keep it warm enough.

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
Traveling with the fish in a tank is problematical, all that sloshing and boncing around. Better to put him into a fish -bag half-filled with conditioned water. Ues a double zip-lock bag, if that's all you have.

Put that with the hand warmers into a Styrofoam cooler. He can go for days like that. And it would make for a more comfortable trip for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts