Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am Mitali aka Mitu all the way from India. Right now I am owned by two male bettas, a VT blue green with hot pink tail tips and a blue green metallic betta which is difficult to describe, I will post the pics soon :)

So I read on forums and in articles that bettas not only enjoyed pellets dipped in garlic juice, but it was also healthy for them. Being a betta nerd that I am, I decided to give it a try, (anything to keep my babies healthy and happy)
I took a clove of garlic and added some drops of water to it, then proceeded to soak some food pellets in it (Finsters by Drools esp made for Betta) but when I tried to feed the pellets to both of my bettas, they moved their head and jerked like it was too spicy for them and spat the pellet out, I thought it might be the matter of taste, but none of my bettas liked it, after a while, I thought I made their mouth burn and decided to offer the poor guy a normal pellet, but he seemed afraid to approach it and even tried to swim away as the pellet floated towards him... Has anything like this happened to any of you? Am I doing something wrong? :cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Did you crush the clove at all? You're supposed to do that and soak the pellets just in the juice of the garlic and then feed them when they're dried up again or immediately; whatever way you want to.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can you feed minced garlic to bettas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@lilnaugrim - Yes, I crushed the clove and added some water to it, soaked the pellets and they just refused it, not plain rejection either, a disgusted one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts