Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

is it normal for a betta to flare for no reason? i just passed by my guys tank and he was flaring at apparently no one. is that ok?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Some betta are just like that. It could just be that he likes to strut his stuff. Or sometimes the tank's angle and the angle of the surrounding lighting can create reflections of themselves in their tank's walls. One of my guys just likes to make sure that every square inch of water is properly intimidated. He makes the rounds every so often until he's satisfied. :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yeah, my SD boy likes to flare. They probably can see their reflection or, they can see you and flare at you. I always stick my face right up on the tank so he'll flare, I like teasing him that way. ;D

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
TDP flares at me, the cats, tv, everything lol

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Boy-fish apparently shares his tank with sneaky, invisible demons in his tank, because he chases them all over the place.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Boy-fish apparently shares his tank with sneaky, invisible demons in his tank, because he chases them all over the place.
TDP does that too. :O

·
Registered
302 Posts
Some betta are just like that. It could just be that he likes to strut his stuff. Or sometimes the tank's angle and the angle of the surrounding lighting can create reflections of themselves in their tank's walls. One of my guys just likes to make sure that every square inch of water is properly intimidated. He makes the rounds every so often until he's satisfied. :)
Hehe this made me go into a giggle fit.
My boy flares all the time at himself :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
My betta Sora often has to remind my cories and white clouds that HE'S the boss of the tank by swimming up and flashing his fins to him. Plus his evil twin in the aquarium glass that needs to know his place. ;) Sora's usually a good boy, but he needs to remind everyone who's the prettiest fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts