Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always like to vary my boys' (I have six now...) diets. So far we have:

Betta food wheel (freeze-dried bloodworms, daphnia, and mysis)
Earthworm flakes (high protein, and two of my boys tear these suckers up)
Pellets (of course)
Tropical flakes (rarely, but a good variant)

I wanted to ask about frozen beef heart... I've heard yes and no, but a little more insight from you guys here would help my decision. :]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a first time Betta owner. I've always fed my little guy Anguel the Aqueon betta food and he really likes them. I just bought freeze dried bloodworms today; he ate some of them, and some of them he just smelled and seemed confused about. There was one that he kept trying to eat, then spit out. What's that all about? I also seem to be reading that people have mixed opinions about freeze dried food. I'm not really sure what the pros and cons are, I was just looking for something to add variety to his diet.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
I only feed good pellets (NOT available through your pet store) and frozen blood worms.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
And if you can find it Atison's. I believe it's only available via the IBC. You don't have to be an IBC member to buy from them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Along with Hikari pellets, I feed my bettas Ocean Nutrition Brine Shrimp Plus. So far, they are loving it! It has about 50.5% min. protein and it's an easy alternative for live baby brine shrimp until i get my brine shrimp eggs from Drs. Foster and Smith.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:roll: I can understand your desire to have variety -- BUT it seems in my situation, that the more variety I give my betta, the pickier they become [3 male:1 crown, 2 veil; 5 ladies: 1 blue{Trouble is the oldest!- about 1 1/2}, 2 crowns{sisters, I believe}, 2 "orange/white" ladies{spunky & my new baby}. Spunky is making babies inside herself , I think, and doesn't understand what is happening and has been off her feed a bit. Trouble enjoys her blood worms, brine shrimp and red pellets. "Lips{the male crown tail, he has neon light blue lips,:lol: } likes the b.w. and red pellets, Ruby{blue, male v.t.} llooooovvvees he red pellets and b.w., Feisty likes to watch his figure, and 25, 10 week old cross bred babies{Ruby/Hootchie,c.t.}
I am thinking about getting some beef heart as a protein source and a kind of t-bone steak for all of them.
Any ideas???

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.