Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a month and two week old HM spawn, a lot of fry are passing away and some have these weird red spots on their heads.. What is it? Is it curable? I've been taking precautions such as daily water changes and I put some Mardel in the water hoping that it would clear it up, but it hasn't. Help!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
im no expert on this sorry >.< but the "red spot" thing sounds similar to what my own spawn had. it's POSSIBLY inflammation caused by a bacterial infection. i had to guess on mine~ i just put all the infected ones in a separate 5 gallon tank with some AQ and Maracyn 2 and gave them full water changes every day (with each new dose of the med). i still lost most of that spawn. although a handful did survive to adulthood..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've lost quite a bit to it too. I've been puting the whole spawn through water changes everyday and it does seem to be getting better. Thanks! I hope the rest of your spawns stay clear of this mystery infection, It really is a killer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.