Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newly hatched fry are developing a slightly darker colour... while some are still and opaque white... is this normal... sorry I don't have picture Because my camera inst that good... :oops:

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Newly Hatched fry = baby fish that just hatched

That's normal. They will color up as they get older. Some may look darker than other. BTW what's the parent's color?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes it normal because it like a family tree there a parent that blue in the family tree I think the blue gene stronger than the female gene so you probably won't get any the color you you want in the male gene but the fry are really pretty

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it normal because it like a family tree there a parent that blue in the family tree I think the blue gene stronger than the female gene so you probably won't get any the color you you want in the male gene but the fry are really pretty
What do you mean???

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Copper and turquoise looks "white" or light colored when very young. While Royal blue (not sure about steel blue) tend to look dark. As they get older, they will color up and look much darker.

Copper is recessive against base irid colors. You will only, if at all, get a handfull of coppers when you cross them to irids.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats great! Thanks! I have about 25% of them white and the others are all darker... This'll be and interesting experimental spawn... ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I will put up more pics as the fry get bigger and more colourful!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope I get some Ct and some HM but I want some HCT crosses

·
Registered
702 Posts
not to discourage you, but you will be getting neither the first time around, you will need to do multiple sibling crosses to reach your goals (best pair from f1, best pair from f2, etc etc etc)

crowntails are 2 ray, halfmoons are at least 4.

from your first gen, you should be expecting fringed deltas, superdeltas if your lucky, and most will have uneven branching throughout the tail. find individuals that have the longest rays and the most branches and eventually you will get there.

if you're defining HCT as a crowntail with 180* spread, it might be better to cross a CT with a plakat, and then crossing sibling pairs with the longest rays. however, if you're defining HCT as a crowntail with 180* spread + multiple branched rays, that's a lot more work going ahead for you. personally, i would just stick with the 2 ray CT as 4 rays (i've seen them) are quite messy and have way too much going on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
not to discourage you, but you will be getting neither the first time around, you will need to do multiple sibling crosses to reach your goals (best pair from f1, best pair from f2, etc etc etc)

crowntails are 2 ray, halfmoons are at least 4.

from your first gen, you should be expecting fringed deltas, superdeltas if your lucky, and most will have uneven branching throughout the tail. find individuals that have the longest rays and the most branches and eventually you will get there.

if you're defining HCT as a crowntail with 180* spread, it might be better to cross a CT with a plakat, and then crossing sibling pairs with the longest rays. however, if you're defining HCT as a crowntail with 180* spread + multiple branched rays, that's a lot more work going ahead for you. personally, i would just stick with the 2 ray CT as 4 rays (i've seen them) are quite messy and have way too much going on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok... I was mainly hoping to get one like the dad... But I will probably be breeding the dad with the best female from the group and selling the rest... It was pretty much just a fun project

1 - 19 of 19 Posts