Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,877 Posts
That growth chart does give you an idea how big fry should be. However, don't be discouraged if your fry is growing slower. Fry growth depends on a number of factors; food, water, genetics, and mentality. Often, we can't duplicate the exact conditions to power grow fry evenly.

In fact, sometimes I am confused by growth rate of fry accidentally siphoned into "waste" buckets. Poor water, smaller container, and not fed, but can grow faster than those I pamper.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That growth chart does give you an idea how big fry should be. However, don't be discouraged if your fry is growing slower. Fry growth depends on a number of factors; food, water, genetics, and mentality. Often, we can't duplicate the exact conditions to power grow fry evenly.

In fact, sometimes I am confused by growth rate of fry accidentally siphoned into "waste" buckets. Poor water, smaller container, and not fed, but can grow faster than those I pamper.
Very true!

Aw...they accidentally get siphoned? :cry:

I'm guesstimating that my boy is 4-6 months old. His fins are not short, but I don't think they are fully developed either. However, his body is still rather small...about 1.5 inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts