Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I bought my betta fish about a week ago from Petco. He's in a 1.5 gallon tank with a log and gravel and a live plant and a filter. Yesterday night, he developed a huge lump underneath his mouth that I've never seen before...He hasn't been eating, although I've offered him pellets. I haven't changed his water yet, because I'm scared he'll get even more stressed out. The tank is a bit cold (70 degrees) but I have a Marina C10 heater being shipped right now. Should I change his water? Is the lump a tumor or something? If I have to change his water, should I do a 100% change?
I'm really worried...
Thanks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
are you able to send a pic?i would go ahead and change 75-100% of the water .just make sure you are acclimating correctly. clean water always helps especially if it is a wound.you don't want him sitting in water that could add to his pain by bringing on an infection. i'm not sure if a tumor would show up overnight, seems too quick.does he seem less active?you had mentioned how he is refusing food.try to get a pic though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts