Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!!! I am setting my tank up for my new betta fish and was wondering a good quality heater for a 10 gallon tank. Does anyone know anything about the AquaTop 75W Model GH-75 Submersible Heater? Also temporarily I'm using the Top Fin heater that came with my tank. Does anyone have any experience with that because I plugged it in but the power light isn't on! Someone help, thanks! :)
~Alexis

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm not sure if we have the same heater, but I always used to think my heater was broken, because I never saw the power light on. Turns out the light in the tank was so bright you could only see the power light, when I had turned the light off. Maybe try that and see if the power light is still off. That way you would know for sure weather it was working or not.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do you have a thermometer to verify the water temp?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
You definitely need to buy a thermometer to see if its working or not. Always have a thermometer in any tank that has a heater.

I'm not familiar with the aquatop heater, but the 2 most recommended I hear of are hydor theo and eheim jager. I love the hydor's because if you forget to unplug them while doing a water change they wont break (have the ability to be ran dry) -- You would need a 50w for 10gallons. 25 would be sufficient, but 50 is your best bet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I will definitely buy one of those heaters :) For now my water temp. is at 78 and my heater turned on! My betta is very happy, thanks for all your recommendations! :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts