Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been in love with Betta's...both males and females. Right now we have 3 females in a 10 gallon tank and 9 Male betta's in other tanks. My daughter has inherited my love for these fish and is out to save as many as she can. So far most are doing well but we are running out of room. We have 3 bowls, a 40 gallon, a 20 gallon, a 10 gallon and 2 other smaller tanks with Betta's in them and we still find ourselves always buying more. We bought one of those tanks that you could supposedly keep 2 in separated and Streaks got on Nylon's side and both got a beating but I was able to separate them before it got too bad. Streaks who started it is not doing the greatest and may be getting his wings soon. Although Nylon's lost most of his beautiful tail fins he seems to be doing great. We have tried other separators. My daughter and I want more but I am looking for some rational solution to keep everyone well and safe. Does anyone know of any good tanks or good ways to actually keep these Betta's safe without ending up with 10,000 tanks or bowls. To be perfectly honest besides loving these wonderful fish I am also in the middle of a divorce and although my husband and I are working things out I think this "Betta Obsession" is getting worse because this is the way me and my daughter are dealing with it. But we do love saving these Betta's from the cruddy stores.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I bought a divider from PetSmart, and used marine epoxy to hold it in place. That was a bad idea. It ended up failing after a couple weeks. I made my own dividers using crafting mesh, and used marineland silicone and it's worked perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.