Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and also a new betta mom. I introduced my new betta to his 5 gallon heated and filtered tank yesterday. He is happily exploring every nook and cranny of his home, and has been quite responsive to my presence.

(I attached a picture of him chillin' with his silk plant... Please let me know if you guys can view it)

The cup that he came in (from Petco) stated that he is a Rose Pedal Betta, but frankly I got him because he was definitely the healthiest of the bunch. After googling Rose Pedal Betta however, I've realized that my boy doesn't quite look like that... Will his fins grow? Or was he wrongly identified at Petco?? Either way I'm in love!

I'd really appreciate some help from my fellow fish people!

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Can't tell without a full flare photo but I don't think that's a rose. Heck, I've never seen a rose in Petco.

As for color, I'm betting on bicolor

·
Registered
95 Posts
Definitely doesn't look like a Rose Petal to me. He could either be a Delta or a Half-Moon, but we'd have to seem him fully flared to be sure. If his caudal (tail) fin spreads to 180° or more when flaring, he's a Half-Moon.

Mislabeling happens a lot at Petco. Sometimes, they don't receive the right number of a certain cup/lid. Sometimes, the people sorting the bettas aren't paying attention. Sometimes, the people who sent the bettas don't really know what they're talking about (I see so many "Dragon Scales" that aren't really Dragons). They definitely do have Rose Petals from time to time, though.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Can't tell without a full flare photo but I don't think that's a rose. Heck, I've never seen a rose in Petco.

As for color, I'm betting on bicolor
Both these guys were from Petco (MG sadly got away), but Oliver was mine. He was most definitely a RT!

OP, your guy is pretty I'm gonna say Delta tail blue red bicolor but would need a flaring picture to tell for certain

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's technically no such thing as a "Rose Petal" Betta; it's a name PetCo and PetSmart have made up for Rosetails. Guess they think it's sexier. :roll:
Which near Valentine's day is a perfect excuse to buy a valentine betta for your partner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts