Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I got a betta fish last Christmas and has been fine ever since with no problems at all. But just around half an hour ago I went to pour it into a separate cup to stay in whilst I changed its water, but it missed the cup and fell in the sink and then the cup fell on it. I wasn't to worried until I placed it back in its tank when it just floated to the bottom and layed their but still breathing. I then realized when I carried it back into my room it moved a bit but only one of its fins (the ones next to its gills) was moving. So I'm just wondering whether to just leave it and hope it recovers or do something. Any help would be very appreciated :-(

·
Registered
980 Posts
He might just be in shock. Even with big falls there is a chance that the betta will be OK, you just have to give him some time to recover. I would suggest putting him in warm clean water (conditioned of course) that's low enough for him to reach the surface if he needs to. If you have any aquarium salt, I would dose him with a little, make sure to dissolve it and mix it well into the water before adding him to it. Give him time and watch him close. I really hope he pulls through!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks so much for the help i just left him there and he has now started to slowly swim around every once in a while then he will rest for a while then swim around a bit more. So hopefully this is a good sign :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
I hope it is, too! Betta are resilient little critters, don't give up on him just yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts