Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in quite some time! So I though that I should post some photo introductions of my bettas.

I currently own four bettas, though I only had two until last night when I made my boyfriend drive me to petco so that I could buy myself some birthday present pretties... and boy, was the selection difficult.

Parent permitting, I may go back and pick up this gorgeous solid silver HM male. I kid you not, he was healthy and entirely gunmetal grey. It was amazing! If only I had brought more funds, and been looking for HM and not more CT.

ANYWHO, here are my babies: (Note, this is my second attempt to photograph bettas, so they probably won't be that great.)

View attachment 477706
^^^^^This is my boy Pancake. I've had him for little over a year now, and I estimated that he was at least a year old when I got him. Since he is fairly old for store betta, he doesn't do much and is a little chubby. But he still wiggles at the top of his container whenever I sit by him for a little.

View attachment 477714
^^^This is Jeremy, my shy little royal blue CT male. He is usually hiding in his red plant, but with food to entice him I was able to snap one half decent photo of him. He is also in a rounded tank so it's fairly difficult to get photos of him anyway xD He had a blue/green iridecent mate when I first got him, but she wasn't able to make it through the second night. She just poofed and was gone! I though she jumped, but when I couldn't find her anywhere I blamed the cat and my idiocy for putting her in an uncovered tank.

View attachment 477722
View attachment 477730
View attachment 477738
^^^Hurray for holiday fish stock! Everyone, meet my golden boy; Panda. I'm thankful that my local petco is full of betta people, so their bettas are always healthy and fairly lively when set out for sale. I went to the store last night in search of a pair of bettas for my birthday (On the 27th) and boy did I luck out of selection. When I narrowed it down to three yellow boys similar to Panda, but in comparison Pan was the youngest looking and had the cleanest body of the bunch. My boyfriend wanted a hand in naming one of the two I got last night, and he chose Panda for the boy. Why? He claimed it was the first name the popped into his head. Somehow, it's stuck. I'm going to call him Pan for short. If anyone can name is color/pattern I'd love to know!

View attachment 477746
View attachment 477754
View attachment 477762
^^^And finally, my new prize. Same story as Panda, though she hasn't a name yet as I'm worried about getting to attached if she passes on... She's a tiny thing, only about half an inch, with a white/cellophane/yellow look to her. She was pretty active in her little pet store bowl, but now that I put her in her tank with better water, water treatment, fin treatment, and the smallest food pieces I could find she has turned lathargic and isn't moving nearly as much. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I was smitten from the moment I saw her and I carried her around the store while I chose the male and refused to put her down until we got home. She is now in the windowsill in hopes that her water stays extra warm, I live in Southern California so my house is naturally warm enough for bettas... but just in case she gets cold. She has potential to grow into a pretty little lady, I think. Any suggestions of what I can do? And maybe name suggestions as well... if she does pass on she shouldn't go nameless like my last female.

·
Registered
342 Posts
They're gorgeous!
And for the girl, the first name that popped into my head was Peachie ;)
She may just be settling into her new home. It's totally normal for most bettas, but watch out for any signs of sickness. I hope she makes it!
Good luck and Congrats!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here's some name suggestions. Even if you don't like any of them, they can be used purely for name inspiration:
•Precious

•a name from a popular movie/book series (I like Harry potter names, you can see that from my signature:)

•Peachie (like FishyWater2525 said)

• Sadie

• I can't think of anything else original lol... Japenese names are cool too, here's a few examples with meanings:

•Aito (affection)

• akiya (bright night)

there are lots more too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you two!
I think I'll transform Peachie into just Peach <3 It kinda fits her and I kind of adore the mario series.

///fishywater/// I'm watching her closely, hopefully things will turn around!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts