Food:
What food brand do you use? Aqueon betta food
Do you feed flakes or pellets? pellets mostly
Freeze-dried? once a week or so
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? 5-6 pellets a day

Maintenance:
Before
your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of water did you change? 2 gallons (1/3)
What is the source of your water? 1 gallon of RO w/ Seachem Replenish and 1 gallon of tap with Seachem prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Vacuum
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner? Seachem

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: <5 ppm
pH: 8.4
Hardness (GH): N/A
Alkalinity (KH): N/A

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? Today
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? yes, appears to have white stuff growing on the scales
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? yes, he's sitting on the rocks at the bottom of the tank
Is your Betta still eating? Ate some this morning
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? No
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? No
How long have you owned your Betta? Since February of this year
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? No
elvis.JPG elvis2.JPG elvis4.JPG

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is that normal colouring on his dorsal fin? Also looks like there is maybe something on his scales on his side? Do you have a before picture?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a guy that had the same gill issue. I have him a salt dip and he is doing great now. That was about 4 months ago but he was otherwise fine so I may have caught the fungus very early, he was still swimming around and eating. I’m not sure if he would be too fragile at this point for a dip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is how he looked a couple weeks ago. I did move him into a new tank about 3-4 weeks ago. Since I posted yesterday, some others online have suggested something may be leaching from the gravel that would be stressing him, so I have moved him back to his older tank. He has still spent most of the day hanging out on the bottom. I'm wondering if treating him with Betta Fix, or methylene blue, or maybe a salt dip could be helpful, or just let him alone in the fresh water for a bit. (I did put the filter from the other tank into the water circulation of the smaller one).

elvis5.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts