Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might just be one of those "every pet is different" scenario," but I just wanna double check.

I have two ornaments in my 3.5 gallon tank that can be used as hiding spaces for my male betta, Sokka. I have seen him use ornament #1 twice: the first time he used it when I first put him in his new tank, as he was exploring the tank, and the second time was after I put him in when I rearranged the tank. He used ornament #2 once when I first put it in when I rearranged the tank. Since then, he hasn't used them as hiding spots at all... he just sort of ignores them (In fact, he doesn't really go to the bottom of the tank at all).

He doesn't use his leaf hammock, either. Does not every betta use hiding spots frequently? Is this one of those things where not every betta will use them?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
All of my bettas never use their hidey holes, or hide for that matter. It's just that they are comfortable in their environment and he does not need to hide. =) that is what I believe at least.

So it's normal for them not to use them at all.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
All of my bettas never use their hidey holes, or hide for that matter. It's just that they are comfortable in their environment and he does not need to hide. =) that is what I believe at least.

So it's normal for them not to use them at all.
Same here my betta never hides ( unless I get the camera out ) and at night she sleeps on/in the floating riccia, I Even had to put a small screen over the end of the hose I use to syphon the water with, Because she cant seem to stay away from it. Hose equals, must investigate, must flare, must investigate some more regardless of the risk of being sucked up.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Some do, some don't. Both my males use a ceramic piece of 'rock' to hide now and then, but only my Vt uses the leaf, and my female could not care less about hides. Keep the decor in case you get another one who does use it...;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine hides in his plants and on his hammock. He loves that he uses it to sleep. Zetta is in the kitchen so usually he hides when the kids are in and coming home from school. If not, he is hanging out at the front thinking someone is going to drop in a treat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.