Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two nights ago my betta jumped out of the tank and I found him laying outside of the tank and put him back in. He could have been out for anytime between 25mins and an hour+. He seemed fine at first but now his fins are red at the ends and his head seems to be missing scales. He sits at the bottom of the tank and comes up rarely. I've been recommended to use aquarium salt and a stress coat. Just this morning my dad told me to use "fish mox" for any bacteria in the tank. Should I use it? Also the tank is 1 gallon. I will be moving him into a 2.5 gal but for dosage of things I am keeping him in the smaller one. He hasn't been able to come to the surface for eating and when he does he still won't eat. I change 25% of his water every 3 days and clean the tank every once a week. I don't have any water testers but our tap water is very safe and I use a dechorinater and conditioner. What are you suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would keep him in a small hospital tank (one gallon seems fine) making sure it's heated to 76-80F . You can even lower that water level to make it a bit easier for him to come up to the surface.

Personally, I would hold off on using stress coat or 'fish mox' (I actually don't know what that is) and just dose with aquarium salt. I think the best thing for him is a low stress environment with clean water. Avoid moving him until he recovers.

Anyone else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.