Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta phantom jumped and fell five feet, landing on tile while hitting a few things on the way down. I did all the usual treatments. What do i do next? Will he survive? I was doing a water change and saw him flopping around dry and im worried sick.:eek::oops::cry:

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
My betta phantom jumped and fell five feet, landing on tile while hitting a few things on the way down. I did all the usual treatments. What do i do next? Will he survive? I was doing a water change and saw him flopping around dry and im worried sick.:eek::oops::cry:
Ive had it happen to me couple times but not from 5 ft, some survived and others were too dry/left out to long and didn't make it. Was the betta still flopping around when you picked him up? he may survive as long as he still had some moisture/wetness on his body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had it happen to me couple times but not from 5 ft, some survived and others were too dry/left out to long and didn't make it. Was the betta still flopping around when you picked him up? he may survive as long as he still had some moisture/wetness on his body.
He was flopping around even though he was fully dry i immediately put him in water and he lost his slime coat. He still is not him self though he did survive the night. So he might make it out this after a week in quarantine

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you have something to help with his slime coat like stress coat or stressguard? I would also add some Indian almond leaves to his hosptial tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is holding his own in the quarantine tank he is happily swimming around. Thank you guys for your help and suggestions. I really wasn't sure he would make it and i believe he will make a full recovery. ☺

·
Registered
Too many schooling fish/snails to count and 9 bettas
35 Posts
That is very scary! I have had a betta fall three feet when moving him about a month ago. He is doing fine and happily swimming a long now. I was extremely gentle with him and I did more frequent water changes on his tank to keep the quality up, along with adding Stressguard and tannins. As long as he is still swimming and eating fine he should be ok. 💗

1 - 7 of 7 Posts