Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this website so not exactly sure how to go about things, but I am getting worried about my betta because he is losing his color slightly. He is a solid red veiltail. My college roommate didn't want him anymore when she was leaving for home so I rescued him, and I believe he is about 2 years old now, when she bought him he was full grown at Petco. I have had him for a couple months now, he lives in my 10 gal tank with two african dwarf frogs (none of them bother each other) and he acts completely normal. He gets really excited whenever I come by the tank because he knows I'll feed him but recently he has started to lose his coloring on the edges of his fins that attach to his belly. I'll include a picture but the only picture I could get him to "pose" for isn't on his more discolored side. I have read some forums saying that feeding him live blackworms (which I feed my frogs) will help restore his color but I don't know if that will actually help and I don't want to make him more sick if he is actually sick. He has a heater which keeps the water at around 77-80 degrees, a very gentle filter and I clean his tank weekly. In the picture he is in his other tank because I was cleaning his tank. I will also attach a picture of his usual tank. If anyone knows what is going on with him or if it's just old age or something, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Sometimes betta just change color. I wouldn't worry unless he looks fuzzy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts