Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first noticed he was acting strange when he didn't come out to eat. He's ALWAYS the first one to be up there ready for his food. He was just floating around in his log and not moving a whole lot. He hasn't eaten now for several days. He's gotten into the habit of hiding in the top corner of the tank and resting on top of the heater. He was swimming slightly sideways for a bit but he's not anymore.. None of my other fish are having issues and I just did a big water change. Does any one have any suggestions? :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You said big water change.. how big was the change?
How long had it been prior to the big water change did you do the last water change?
And if 50%+ how did you acclimate him to the new water chemistry.
And was his behavior before or after the big water change?

Size of the tank?
Normal water change routine/%?
Temp of the tank?
Tank mates?
Water conditioner?
Water parameters?

Other then his behavior, any physical signs of illness?
-It was probably about 60%
-About a month (I fell behind…)
-It was before. He was actually a bit more lively today but still no eating.

-10 gal
-20% every couple weeks and 35% about once a month
-Ranges between 76 and 78
-5 neon tetras, 1 algae eater and 1 ghost shrimp
-None. We have a well and no issues with our water. My mom has had tanks previously and had no issues with our water.
-I just tested today an d I’m too embarrassed to say.. Tomorrow I’m going to go out and get something to bring down the nitrate levels. Any suggestions for a good product??
-Not that I can see and his fins are fine. He’s still favoring the top corner of the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.