Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I was wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't put a mirror in front of my Betta (maybe it can get stressed or something)?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Putting a mirror infront of a Betta makes them flare. Flaring can be good an exercising the fins, and the Betta himself. Overflaring though can cause problems, like rips and tears in his fins and also he may develop stress lines from being overstressed.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yeah time to time, just give him a workout.

My guys always flare at me when I walk past, I don't think they like me very much. ._____.;

·
Registered
563 Posts
I put a floating mirror in my bettas' tank once a week for a few minutes, just to exercise his fins but make sure to not stress him out. It's very cool to watch. :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have actually watched my "Sammy' Betta male "Flare" at the stones that are in the bottom of the tank, they are deep blue, but he can see himself, and when he goes to the bottom, he starts "yelling at himself in the Mirror" of the stones, then he flares, it's funny and he doesn't do it all the time, and I would have never known that a betta does that until I saw it for myself..lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put a floating mirror in my bettas' tank once a week for a few minutes, just to exercise his fins but make sure to not stress him out. It's very cool to watch. :)
yea i do that too but i never put the mirror in the tank coz it might have come in contact with something else before so i put it against the tank

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flaring doesn't necessarily mean they are angry or showing distaste. It can mean each one wants to show off their beautiful fins to you, like mine does :D
oh wow you have a beautiful betta and i love that no fishing sign..it cracked me up:p

·
Registered
318 Posts
One of my bettas runs and hides in his TV when I put a mirror beside his tank. He's not afraid when the cat tries to catch him from outside the tank, but he's afraid of the mirror.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts