Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

A little intro about myself...
I've never had fish before but I love all animals.
So, I'm taking care of a coworker's betta while she's on vacation. Her betta isn't eating tho... keeps spitting pellets out. But i think it's b/c it's not used to a new place? I'm not too worried yet as it looks really healthy; really vibrant colours, no parasites; always swimming casually. Will wait couple more days and see. Also the pellets she bought is Betta Bio-Gold so I'm not sure if that's good for him (first ingredients: fish meal; wheat flour; soybean meal; rice bran; potato starch; krill meal... plus bunch of other plant-based things). I read on this forum that if the first few ingredients are plant-based then it's no good?

Anyway, her betta is such a cutie so I went to buy another one myself... It's doing pretty good, eating and swimming and SOOO PRETTY... kind of reminds me of a lady dancing with her red dress flowing :) The aquarium where I bought the fish from ran out of betta food to sell, so they gave me a tablespoonful of pellets that they use; I dunno the brand though. And my fish happily eats them (sometimes if 3 pellets are floating together, it'll eat them in one gulp!! =_= will make sure that the pellets float separately from now on, don't want it to choke) It's currently in a 0.5gallon tank which I know is too small cuz I didn't know any better. I'm getting a 2.5gallon real soon. Gotta make sure my baby is healthy and pretty and happy :)

Anyhoo, you guys are the experts... please kindly comment.

Will post pictures later.

Nice to meet everyone here :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself so this is kind of refreshing. It's awesome to know that you care about your Betta. I hear too often about people keeping them in cramped conditions, like at the pet stores. I love how you describe the Betta as a dancing lady. I am curious as to what the name is???

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of betta keeping.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Welcome! And don't worry too much about your betta choking. Mine sometimes chokes, but he spits them back out. And then he will try and eat them again until I can scoop the pellets up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.