Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Leo for a little less than a week. I've noticed no signs of illness, other than the fact that he is not eating.

He lives in a 10 gallon tank, divided with another male, Harvey. I didn't divide the tank between them until a couple of days ago. This problem began before Harvey arrived in the tank, though. I also keep a submersible heater on at 80 degrees constantly. Leo has not been eating at all. I've tried freeze-dried bloodworms as well as BettaMin Tropical Medley flakes. He swims past them, and sometimes even stops to look at them. Harvey, on the other hand, has a huge appetite. Leo also seems to sit at the bottom more often than Harvey. But he is still energetic. I'm not sure if I should really be all that worried, but I'd like it if I could hear from someone about this. I love Leo, and I would surely hate it if something were to happen to him. :( Please help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds more to me like he is the Picky fishy..not liking his food, did he eat flakes or bloodworms before?
I would just get him some pellets, and see if that helps, there are some betta's that just don't like flakes, and would prefer pellets, try the Haikari Gold micro pellets, our sammy goes crazy for em:) Good luck hope your lil guy is ok.
I kind of suspected that. I will try something different and see if he prefers something else. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.