Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Pictures of my new guy. Working on a name for him.
He's got such a little attitude. He has a neighbor on both sides and when they come over to the divider all huffy and puffy he swims right up, puts his nose to the divider, and just stares like 'Haha you can't get me!'

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ahhh well I googled that and it seems to match up.
Funny how I found, I think, four different site about colors and none had that on it. Always something to learn.
Thank you! :-D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't let him fool you. His catch phrase is "but what did I do?" He likes to harass his neighbor, Quint, so badly I'm moving Quint to a different tank this weekend.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So this is how Sharpie gets attention. Doesn't have to do a thing. Just sit still and give me that face, haha.
I think the filter current may run there and make it a comfy spot to hang out.

And then when I caught him and he realized I noticed him

·
Registered
98 Posts
Picked up a new boy today. He's still floating in his tank so here are some cup photos.

Loved how the light caught his colors here.

And this was the best flare I could photograph from his cup. He likes to wiggle while he flares. :)

Tomorrow I'm finally off work and I'll get my real camera out and hopefully get some good ones.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nikki that photo of him looking out the lantern is too cute. :)

In tank photo of him with the real camera.
I'm thinking of naming him Smokey but I haven't decided yet. :-?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I picked up a new guy yesterday. Name to come.
That's what happens when you go to get other fish supplies and have an empty space at home. :)
Nothing special; just saw him and immediately needed him.
Best photo so far.

Living in the divided 10 gallon with Meeko.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually. Here. For a phone flashing at a dirty tank these aren't too horrendous, haha.

They spotted eachother.
Meeko is his usual self. He's taunting No Name.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So I cleaned and dried the glass and still missed some spots that covered Harrison's face in this otherwise very nice action shot.
His name is now Harrison.

Meeko always makes me think of an angry Powerpuff Girl.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lost my boy, Maki, about two months ago. Like most everyone here I'm always browsing the fish for sale online and finally found this guy who spoke to me.

Got super stressed because USPS did not deliver him on the estimated day and showed him as "in transit to next destination" for three days after that. He ended up being in the mail for 6 days. That seems a normal amount of time but I was still so worried he'd be stressed to death. I was over the moon with how great he looked even immediately. Let him float and slowly acclimated him to the tank last night and released him before bed.

Meet Maui. His colors are what really got me. Green body with a lot of yellow in his fins, but he has a blue iridescence? in the right lighting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am sorry for your recent loss of Maki - I will search for a thread of him if there is.

Glad you waited and browsed because this is one stunning guy!! With his beautiful colours and the blue rim outlining his fins...I can totally understand that you fell in love. And he has still some growing ahead!
All the best for both of you and please keep us updated! I love to see pictures of him in the future!
Thanks, Feanor. He was tough to lose even though it only lasted 4 months. He had the biggest personality of any fish I've had. This is my favorite photo of him.

Still haven't gotten any great shots of Maui but eventually one will work out. I love that in these you can see the green and blue colors his body shows off based on angle/lighting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Was out buying dog food and this miniature cow stole my heart. Went back for her the next day. Had to get a new tank for her so the poor girl is living like a broke college student with some hand-me-down decor and a cave stolen from my other tank until her stuff shows up over the next few days. I'm assuming she'll marble. Right now she has a little iridescent blue spot on her side and the red ventrals.

I keep calling her Cow but I've named her Eva. Please ignore my highly inaccurate thermometer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts