Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts
Hi Everyone! I’m happy to announce that I bought another betta! Isn’t he gorgeous! I bought him at a local fish store that has been so helpful to me. Shout out to Uncle Ned’s Fish Factory in MA! Here he is! I’m still pondering on what to name him. He’s very small and is estimated to by 6 months old. I’m open to any name suggestions. 😊 I have a nice planted tank set up for him (and a second I’m working on too - I’m hooked). I will show them a little later. Yay! I’m very happy!
Plant Botany Water Underwater Terrestrial plant
Plant Vertebrate Botany Terrestrial plant Grass
Plant Leaf Organism Vegetation Wood

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts
Not my best pictures, but.....
1. My eldest, Amadeus. He's maybe 4 years old plus a little, so he's an old man (and he's starting to show it). He loves hanging out in the greenery. He's got a lot of blue and green to him, with some hints of red:
View attachment 1025486 View attachment 1025487

2. Cornelius is the next oldest... I think he's a little over a year old? I'm struggling to remember. He's a Glofish Betta - mostly yellow, with some red. He might be older than I remember:
View attachment 1025490 View attachment 1025491

3. And, the latest Betta I've gotten, a beautiful little girl whose name will be Aimee. I haven't quite figured out her coloring, because she's one of those ones that changes with the light, and she's very pearly:
View attachment 1025492

4. And... I got a Mystery Snail for my 10gal, which doesn't have any other critters in it yet (but tons of plants). I'm pretty syre I'm going to call him Charlie, though I couldn't tell you why. Names just come to me. lol:
View attachment 1025493
I think they are all beautiful! I love Aimee! She’s so pretty!

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts
He's beautiful!!! I love his speckles. :love:

Thank you so much! I actually have another boy and some shrimp that I got last weekend, but I haven't had a chance to put up pictures yet (he does not hold still! lol).
This little guy is sooo fast so I totally understand! I can’t wait to see pics of your new babies!!

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts
Marvellous Monday😊... Glad to see your new boy with his new, striking colours!
He looks like a real athlete!
It wouldn‘t surprise me if he marbels to a more or less overall royal blue with still some red wash in his fins...but they keep surprising us no matter what wouldn‘t surprise ME :).
Thank you! He has an amazing attitude and his coloring definitely keeps surprising me! I’d love to find him a tank mate(s) but he’s so aggressive. We’ll see just no more mystery snail antennas for lunch. 😬

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts
Buddy’s View attachment 1028561 growing! And getting bluer! He’s so pretty! And sweet!
😍 Not only Picasso had his Blue Period...

He still has this alien-/wildtype form...I haven‘t seen that in a Marble. Very special. And such an intense blue! I‘m really curious what he will look like once fully grown.

I‘m so glad you have him.
I have never heard of Alien/Wildtype bettas. I just googled them. So interesting!

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts

He still has this alien-/wildtype form...I haven‘t seen that in a Marble. Very special. And such an intense blue! I‘m really curious what he will look like once fully grown.

Hmm, I thought I replied to your message but I don’t see it now so I will post another 😀...

Thank you very much! I looked up Alien/Wild Type bettas and I see what you mean. He’s definitely very very energetic and fast. And aggressive. I’m not the best at identifying betta types so thank you for piquing my interest! I fed him those black fly’s for dinner. Wow, he went crazy over them! How’s your cowboy?

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts

Oops now I see it did post! Don’t mind me lol!!

·
Premium Member
Lots!
790 Posts
He‘s doing very well, thank you! Untwiggled his knot in the dorsal today and always hungry now.

He‘s got 2 Monsteras and 2 Terracotta dogs in his tank now😆. No - just the window reflections on the opposite wall.
View attachment 1028568
So funny! He must be loving his new home! A hungry betta is a happy betta! Those rocks are amazing - I know I keep commenting on them but I really love them. What type of plant do you have growing above his tank on the right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts