1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
(Singing) (For Feng)

"I wish I had a pencil-thin mustache
the "Boston Blackie" kind, or a
two-toned Ricky Ricardo jacket,
And an autographed picture of Andy Divine.

"Oh, I could be anyone I wanted to be,
Maybe suave Errol Flynn or the Sheik of Araby.
If I only had a pencil-thin mustache,
then I could do some cruising too."

Thanks to Jimmy Buffett and my late Father's pencil-thin moustache of which he was inordinately proud. :)

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
Please try to remember this is a thread for showing photos. Please keep it on topic.

If a post or response offends or upsets you report it (that's the box with the exclamation mark). If a Private Message offends you contact a Moderator. But more importantly abide by the Betta Fish Rules; especially #1 and #2:

1) Be nice. If you can't be nice, be civil. If you can't be civil, please don't post.

Even if you disagree with another member, you can express your opinion in a way that won't cause hard feelings. Please do so.

If somebody doesn't follow this rule and is mean or insulting, please do not reply similarly, because that will only make matters worse. Instead, please report the post(s) in question and allow the Betta Fish Team to address the issue.

2) Let the moderators do the moderating
Do not comment on the inappropriateness of another member's post. If you think a member's post is against the rules or otherwise inappropriate, please report it to a moderator.

Further, please do not attempt to address issues with other members' behavior yourself. Members are very unlikely to change their behavior because of anything another member says to them, and attempts to confront other members typically only exacerbate an issue. Please leave it to the moderators to address other members' behavior. Because moderators have the ability to restrict members' access to the site, moderators can often get through to a member when other members can't. Please feel free to pm a moderator for help at any time.

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
Conflicts don't always happen immediately. Dexter lived in a Nano community tank for well over a year before he started stalking the smaller fish. I immediately removed him. Less experienced fishkeepers might not have noticed or properly interpreted the subdued body language which alerted me to Dexter's intent. They would have come home to dead fish.

That's the chance we take when we put normally incompatible species together; especially two aggressive species.

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
He is gorgeous! Love his yellow "highlights."

Wish more people would share their Betta with us in this thread. It's fun going back and seeing the different ones and how colors have morphed. Plus, it keeps these wonderful photos at the top of the queue instead of sinking. Oh, well. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts