Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 7678 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rustyness, your new betta is AMAZINGLY beautiful, especially with the lighter things around it to bring out his color! Flame and Margret (RIP) are also very beautiful =)

About taking pictures: if you have a digi cam (digital camera), then you will be able to get a MUCH clearer picture if you use the Macro mode. It shows a flower symbol when you turn it on. It is for taking pictures of things 3 feet away or closer, and it blew me away when I discovered it and how clear things are which otherwise would be VERY blurry.
Oh, and I wouldn't use a flash (or at least a low one)...both because I would think that it might hurt the betta's eyes, and because you'd probably get a bleached/overexposed picture.
That's just my 2 cents, though :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Kiki,
THanks for the great advice on the digi cam.
That works amazingly. I am not a camera person, and was quite frustrated by the way the pics were turning out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help! =D

I'll try to get some of my bettas' pics uploaded sometime soon - most of them have passed on (RIP), but one, "Pearl" as of yet, has just set up housekeeping a few weeks ago :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Baron looks JUST LIKE my betta! I still have no name for it :-/ Pearl is what my sister named him, but I think I'd rather change it, so that he seems more...mine, I guess you could say.
Do any of you have favorite names for fishies? :)

After all of the fish that I had died, I didn't want any more. I was afraid that they would die, too - which, all animals die, and I'm still afraid of it (knock on wood!!!!!!!!), but anyways - my mom got me another fish, and we named him Genesis, because he was the new 'start' :) Genesis means 'beginning,' I think, and is the 1st book of the Bible.
Here's Genesis!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
KikiNBatta said:
Baron looks JUST LIKE my betta! I still have no name for it :-/ Pearl is what my sister named him, but I think I'd rather change it, so that he seems more...mine, I guess you could say.
Do any of you have favorite names for fishies? :)
I really don't name any of my fishes except bettas, but I do if I have some sort of "connection" with them.

I always use different names for my bettas, and they always start with a B (B.B, Barb, Baron).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hugo is really pretty - even with his face double-sized, LOL!
The other betta is pretty, also - looks like Genesis, except I think yours looks like a crowntail...?

Everybody has pretty fish! :D We don't show off our children, we show off our fish :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Baron looks JUST LIKE my betta! I still have no name for it :-/ Pearl is what my sister named him, but I think I'd rather change it
I don't know if anybody's interested or not, but my betta now has a name ^_^ His name is Blaze - because he's so energetic; and, he's red :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im going to add the two males i got from Thailand...they just arrived today!! Im still so excited about it. I got the females too, but dont have pics of them.
This is the Mustard Blue Crowntail male

and this is the Royal Blue Butterfly Crowntail male

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is Hurricane my first Betta in his new tank. He's in there with an ADF and two live plants. He used to be in my community tank but the mollies kept nipping his fins. I wish I could get him into a bigger tank but I'm not allowed to get another tank lol. That's being 17 for you.

Hurricane:

2.5 Gallon Tank:

(The water isn't dirty, there are bubbles on the side from when I filled it up.)

21 - 40 of 7678 Posts