Betta Fish Forum banner
7721 - 7740 of 7804 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not my best pictures, but.....
1. My eldest, Amadeus. He's maybe 4 years old plus a little, so he's an old man (and he's starting to show it). He loves hanging out in the greenery. He's got a lot of blue and green to him, with some hints of red:

2. Cornelius is the next oldest... I think he's a little over a year old? I'm struggling to remember. He's a Glofish Betta - mostly yellow, with some red. He might be older than I remember:

3. And, the latest Betta I've gotten, a beautiful little girl whose name will be Aimee. I haven't quite figured out her coloring, because she's one of those ones that changes with the light, and she's very pearly:

4. And... I got a Mystery Snail for my 10gal, which doesn't have any other critters in it yet (but tons of plants). I'm pretty syre I'm going to call him Charlie, though I couldn't tell you why. Names just come to me. lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Thank‘s! And so is Rudeboy‘s! I love the colours of the pic and it seems like his Bettas wild ancestors show clearly through...Pinchas however, is losing his head - at least the white scales on it :)! He marbles through the nights :D !

·
Premium Member
Lots!
796 Posts
Hi Everyone! I’m happy to announce that I bought another betta! Isn’t he gorgeous! I bought him at a local fish store that has been so helpful to me. Shout out to Uncle Ned’s Fish Factory in MA! Here he is! I’m still pondering on what to name him. He’s very small and is estimated to by 6 months old. I’m open to any name suggestions. 😊 I have a nice planted tank set up for him (and a second I’m working on too - I’m hooked). I will show them a little later. Yay! I’m very happy!
Plant Botany Water Underwater Terrestrial plant
Plant Vertebrate Botany Terrestrial plant Grass
Plant Leaf Organism Vegetation Wood

·
Premium Member
Lots!
796 Posts
Not my best pictures, but.....
1. My eldest, Amadeus. He's maybe 4 years old plus a little, so he's an old man (and he's starting to show it). He loves hanging out in the greenery. He's got a lot of blue and green to him, with some hints of red:
View attachment 1025486 View attachment 1025487

2. Cornelius is the next oldest... I think he's a little over a year old? I'm struggling to remember. He's a Glofish Betta - mostly yellow, with some red. He might be older than I remember:
View attachment 1025490 View attachment 1025491

3. And, the latest Betta I've gotten, a beautiful little girl whose name will be Aimee. I haven't quite figured out her coloring, because she's one of those ones that changes with the light, and she's very pearly:
View attachment 1025492

4. And... I got a Mystery Snail for my 10gal, which doesn't have any other critters in it yet (but tons of plants). I'm pretty syre I'm going to call him Charlie, though I couldn't tell you why. Names just come to me. lol:
View attachment 1025493
I think they are all beautiful! I love Aimee! She’s so pretty!

·
Premium Member
Lots!
796 Posts
Ohhhh - what a sweet Candy Boy:love:!!
I feel so happy for you and your lovely finding!
All the best for both of you!
Thank you so much! That’s such a cute name! Thank you for the idea too! I don’t know why I’m having such a tough time naming him. At first it was Cupid but I’m just not sure. Decisions decisions lol!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Everyone! I’m happy to announce that I bought another betta! Isn’t he gorgeous! I bought him at a local fish store that has been so helpful to me. Shout out to Uncle Ned’s Fish Factory in MA! Here he is! I’m still pondering on what to name him. He’s very small and is estimated to by 6 months old. I’m open to any name suggestions. 😊 I have a nice planted tank set up for him (and a second I’m working on too - I’m hooked). I will show them a little later. Yay! I’m very happy! View attachment 1026207 View attachment 1026209 View attachment 1026208
He's beautiful!!! I love his speckles. :love:
I think they are all beautiful! I love Aimee! She’s so pretty!
Thank you so much! I actually have another boy and some shrimp that I got last weekend, but I haven't had a chance to put up pictures yet (he does not hold still! lol).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe I need to start a log.... lol. I've been delaying this for over a week or two, so prepare for a photo overload!

Meet Mr. Finnegan. He's usually a streak of red, white, and blue, because he does not hold still for long. He loves proving his athletic abilities by swimming loops around things, making him a delight to watch (and a bit exhausting to watch, tbh... lol). So far, he's been friendly with the ghost shrimp and Mr. Snail (aka Charlie - more on him later). Originally, I had considered putting a sorority in this tank, but as it's only 10 gallons, it's already got a community in it, and the subwassertang hasn't quite grown enough to provide sufficient cover for multiple gals, I decided on this charming little fellow who stole my heart. He named himself fairly quickly.

On to an update on Aimee. She's definitely grown, especially once I started to grind her pellets down to a smaller size in a mortar and pestle, and she loves the frozen food that I've been giving her once a day. Her bowl is tiny, at half a gallon, so I'm carefully watching the water. Her coloring is even more fascinating than it was the day I found her, changing with the lighting and probably her mood as well. I'd almost call it "unicorn" color, because it has an opalescence about it, and it never remains the same.

Charlie the Snail, aka Mr. Snail, has easily doubled or tripled in size. His antics are hilarious, and I never thought I'd be so fascinated by a snail. I'd read that they can be startled when the light is switched on and they don't expect it, and I finally witnessed it the other night. His reaction was a little delayed, but he suddenly let go of the glass and landed at the bottom of the tank. Because he's much bigger than he used to be, it's now much easier to find him when he's not in the open. He used to hang out in or near one of the caves, but he's gotten to be rather adventurous.

As for the ghost shrimp... Well... They are really difficult to find amongst the plants, hideaways, and whatnot. However, once in a while, one or two of them will be out in the open. It took me a few weeks to get a good shot of Mr. Big Shrimp (might be female, but I have no way of knowing....). Once in a while, I'll think I'm seeing a piece of random debris floating around in the tank and question whether I need to do some maintenance, until I realize it's Mr. Big Shrimp going for a swim.

As for the old boys – Amadeus and Cornelius – they are the same as ever, so no photo updates on them.

·
Registered
Mr.B, Wrangler, Primo, Omega, Susan, Julies, Jacques, Tiger, Poppy, Prince, Pepper, and Pumpkin.
626 Posts
Maybe I need to start a log.... lol. I've been delaying this for over a week or two, so prepare for a photo overload!

Meet Mr. Finnegan. He's usually a streak of red, white, and blue, because he does not hold still for long. He loves proving his athletic abilities by swimming loops around things, making him a delight to watch (and a bit exhausting to watch, tbh... lol). So far, he's been friendly with the ghost shrimp and Mr. Snail (aka Charlie - more on him later). Originally, I had considered putting a sorority in this tank, but as it's only 10 gallons, it's already got a community in it, and the subwassertang hasn't quite grown enough to provide sufficient cover for multiple gals, I decided on this charming little fellow who stole my heart. He named himself fairly quickly.
View attachment 1026695 View attachment 1026696

On to an update on Aimee. She's definitely grown, especially once I started to grind her pellets down to a smaller size in a mortar and pestle, and she loves the frozen food that I've been giving her once a day. Her bowl is tiny, at half a gallon, so I'm carefully watching the water. Her coloring is even more fascinating than it was the day I found her, changing with the lighting and probably her mood as well. I'd almost call it "unicorn" color, because it has an opalescence about it, and it never remains the same.
View attachment 1026697 View attachment 1026698

Charlie the Snail, aka Mr. Snail, has easily doubled or tripled in size. His antics are hilarious, and I never thought I'd be so fascinated by a snail. I'd read that they can be startled when the light is switched on and they don't expect it, and I finally witnessed it the other night. His reaction was a little delayed, but he suddenly let go of the glass and landed at the bottom of the tank. Because he's much bigger than he used to be, it's now much easier to find him when he's not in the open. He used to hang out in or near one of the caves, but he's gotten to be rather adventurous.
View attachment 1026699 View attachment 1026700

As for the ghost shrimp... Well... They are really difficult to find amongst the plants, hideaways, and whatnot. However, once in a while, one or two of them will be out in the open. It took me a few weeks to get a good shot of Mr. Big Shrimp (might be female, but I have no way of knowing....). Once in a while, I'll think I'm seeing a piece of random debris floating around in the tank and question whether I need to do some maintenance, until I realize it's Mr. Big Shrimp going for a swim.
View attachment 1026701

As for the old boys – Amadeus and Cornelius – they are the same as ever, so no photo updates on them.
your tank looks so good!!!

7721 - 7740 of 7804 Posts