Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was interested in getting one of those brown pots for my betta to hide in! Anyone know where to get them and if there is a special type safe for fish?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
A terra cotta pot? You can get em at gardening stores, or even craft stores sometimes! I would soak it for a day or so in another receptacle, just to get it fully sodden (they bubble a TON) and to make sure it doesn't leach anything. Some fish have a tendency to try to swim through the drainage hole in the bottom/back, you can either jam it against something, or fill it in with silicone gel, or even shove a rock in there or something.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I have a little piece of filter sponge shoved into the hole in my pot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I saw these at the dollar store once, said it was made in China, was afraid to get it. You think it's OK from China? I want one too!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a small one that came with some seeds and stuff. It never grew so I just rinsed it very well and placed it in water for a few days. I do believe that one came from China, and it's been fine in my tank :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Pretty sure everything comes from China at this point.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I shouldn't comment though. My wife make the big bucks working for a company based in China. And I work for a company based in Germany. Global economy and all...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts