Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or at least, that's what my friends called it during an art gallery called the Senior Retrospective that went up during the month of April at Perpich Center for Art's Education. I am a graduate of that amazing high school, and had several of my betta-fish sculptures in glass bowls on display. Alongside them, I had simple 'Did you know?' facts such as not keeping them in small bowls, they need a heated aquarium, and that in the wild they live in large bodies of water except during the dry season.

I plan on selling sculptures of betta fish (I have a thread in the art section of just pictures, I'm wasn't ready to sell them when I posted), and my biggest concern is incidentally promoting the practice of keeping Betta Fish (or any fish, for that matter!) in inadequate living conditions such as, you guessed it, the bowl or vase.

With each fish sculpture I sell, I plan on including a friendly little letter that, among other things, mentions some of the basic things of betta fish care. Such as tank size, (for me, a five gallon absolute minimum. That said, I got into fish care with a 2.5... I would never do that again. Shark is so much happier in his ten gallon) heated water, etc.

I was wondering if any of you had ideas on what I should include in the little letter? It does need to be kept rather short; I can't give them all a novel! ; but I would still like to cover some of those pesky 'betta myths!'

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well idk what you could put in the letter
But for the accedently promoting it, you could give the bettas frowny faces, and if you want to really get them make betta skeletons fufufu

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the bettas have frowny faces anyways because as far as anatomy goes, I try to mimic the real betta in my fake fish. (coloring, now... that's a different story! ;D)

Someday I may do a specific sculpture about the abuse of (specifically) Betta Fish, but that is not the point of this project. Along with just offering pretty artwork, I want to create an alternative for people who don't have space or time to care properly for a live fish; instead, they can have a beautiful fake one that won't die, doesn't need to be fed, you don't have to do water changes, and has no issues being in a small bowl because it isn't alive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts