Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall hearing that betta shouldn't be touched by a human finger but my mother insists on touching her betta and cories and dwarf frogs with her finger since she likes too.
Is it ok to pet any of these?

I know betta can deal with being alone but do they need human viewing time? I have been sort of busy so I am wondering if me not having the time to stare at him occasionally for a few days is bad? He swims all toward the glass when I look at him like he is trying to swim outside of the glass.

When I change one of my betta water(I have 2 betta) I put them in a 1 gallon and put them by the other betta tank. 1 is a girl the other a boy. Is this a good thing or a bad thing to do? (the girl seems to not care but the boy fans out his entire fins as much as he can and starts swiming all nuts like, going close then hiding then going far then close again and starts flaring.)
I have no intension to mate.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Ill admit I have 'pet' my bettas once or twice, only because they are so cute at the surface every time I come in the room! So once...I did touch one, she didnt seem to mind, and nothing bad happened to her lol. As long as you're not taking them out of the water and cuddling them, I don't see the problem if its a now and then thing.

He probably just misses you! I believe my bettas like me, and like seeing me. But sometimes I don't see them for a day or two and they seem fine. My boys seem a little bored sometimes, since they're alone, but my girls have lots to do when I'm not around.

Letting your bettas see each other is not a bad thing, as long as its not stressing them out, and since its just during WCs, I'm sure it's not bad. He sounds like he is just trying to show off for the female, which is normal! I let my boys see each other for a bit every few days, it gives them something to do rather than just mope around, which is what my HMs seem to do all the time....they're less active than my HMPKs, probably because they have those heavy fins to carry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I would say the same exact thing. As long as the fish isn't coming out of the water when you grab it to pet it more or less. Some goldfish actually love this of being pet like a dog haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.