Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a betta show? I am just curious. I know I will never be lucky enough to be able to afford a show quality one

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wonderful video, Martinismommy--informative and so much fun to watch! Those fishes are exceptional. It does seem an awful lot of effort and expense, and the fishes would seem to be in peril in transit (I imagine), but something must make it all worthwhile.
xShainax, you never know where the road will take you, or who will come swimming and flaring your way. Perhaps you will attend a Betta Show someday and lose your heart at auction!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonderful video, Martinismommy--informative and so much fun to watch! Those fishes are exceptional. It does seem an awful lot of effort and expense, and the fishes would seem to be in peril in transit (I imagine), but something must make it all worthwhile.
xShainax, you never know where the road will take you, or who will come swimming and flaring your way. Perhaps you will attend a Betta Show someday and lose your heart at auction!
I had one show quality betta I got from Petsmart. He was a beautiful butterfly elephant eared betta who passed away from my stupidity.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
xShainax, if you do some digging in the archives or Bettakeeper introductions, you will find that very many betta lovers have lost beloved pets in the beginning because of not knowing how to take care of them. In large part that's why there is a forum here at all--because husbandry of this sort has to be learned. And intentions count for a lot, even if the results are regrettable.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Omgosh I wanna put jaws in a show but I don't think he is show quality :/
I love my boy and tht was a wonderful video. So many gorgeous fish

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xShainax, if you do some digging in the archives or Bettakeeper introductions, you will find that very many betta lovers have lost beloved pets in the beginning because of not knowing how to take care of them. In large part that's why there is a forum here at all--because husbandry of this sort has to be learned. And intentions count for a lot, even if the results are regrettable.
I know, but it was a stupid noob mistake. I put a DG in the tank and didn't realize they wouldn't get along

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Bettas entered into a show must be bred by you or you must have permission from the original breeder.

I'll be showing in the fall.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
i just don't know, i love watching betta shows, it's awesome :) i don't even have quality betta's yet. if i ever get an awesome quality betta (bred by me) i would totally send one :D it just looks so fun!! XP

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bettas entered into a show must be bred by you or you must have permission from the original breeder.

I'll be showing in the fall.
But I got my boy fro Petco :/

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love watching betta shows. There are some good videos of them on Youtube. The IBC standards are, as any other pet show, really strict. So I don't think I'll be able to breed a show quality betta for a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts