Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do water changes once a week, then a scrubbing every other week. But for the past few weeks my tank has stayed persistently cloudy. I'm not sure why, it's never done this before. I'm hoping it has something to do with the filter, which I'll be changing tomorrow. I've had the same sponge filter for about four or five months. I was under the impression that you didn't have to change those often, but if that's the issue I'll be so much more relieved.

Anyway, if not...
Here's his feeding schedule:
Pellets 4 days a week
A pea one day a week
Blood worms one day a week
No feeding one day a week

A weird skin tag-like growth recently formed on his stomach for about fifteen minutes, got about the size of a small ant, and then fell off and floated away...what the heck was that? Any ideas? I have a picture attached right here:
http://brandishermangermana.deviantart.com/art/I-know-this-is-random-495137456?ga_submit_new=10%253A1416278549

·
Registered
903 Posts
Not sure about your cloudy water, but I'm pretty sure that is poop coming out of your betta. If it is white in color that may indicate parasites, but I'm not sure what exactly it might be.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Parasites can come from different things. Unless his poop is white, you don't need to worry.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Oh yea, what jada said. You really don't need to be feeding your betta peas. Some people do it to relieve constipation, but even that is controversial.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Pretty sure that was just a bit of poop. It's coming out from roughly the correct spot (though the angle of the picture is a little weird, so not 100% sure).

If you want to ...aaah, clean his innards... you can feed him frozen (not freeze dried) daphnia once a week. The chitin in the daphnia will do the same thing as the plant fibers in a pea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.