Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 5 Gal
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What temperature is your tank? 80 Degrees
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? No

Food:
What food brand do you use? Aqueon Betta Food, only thing he will eat.
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets
Freeze-dried? No
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? 8 Pellets a day, fasting every seventh day

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? Roughly every seven or ten days
What percentage of water did you change? 40% with an 80% once a month
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? I have a sand substrate so pretty annoying to vacuum, I do my best to skim the surface with a cup every month.
What additives do you use? Stress Coat

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: <5 ppm
pH: 7.6
Hardness (GH): Unfortunately, I don't have any testing solution for GH&KH
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? 3 days ago
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Slight bloating and loss of color in abdomen area. His scales aren't raising from what I can see.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? Not at all
Is your Betta still eating? Yes
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? Just did my monthly large water change
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? He is a notorious fin shredder but no, he's never been sick.
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she a rescue?I've had him for just over two years. He was a gift but i believe he came from a Petco or Petsmart

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you don't see his fins raising, it's most likely not dropsy. If you're worried about him being bloated, you can try cutting his food back to 4-6 pellets a day and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts