Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorry i'm replying so late!! I wasn't able to get more females but the girls are settled in very nicely and aren't being picky with each other anymore.

I absolutely love bettas; they are like puppies with fins. these little buggers have so much personality. My girls follow my finger around if i dip it in the water and recently started eating out of my fingers. I'm so glad all my girls are happy and healthy.

· Registered
Bettas, Aquatic and Land Snails, Mice, Hissing Roaches, Isopods, Slugs, Millipedes
4,460 Posts
They're so beautiful!!
What are their names, if they have any?

Glad to hear they're doing great as well :)

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
well here is a belated update. Speck is now named Spot. The gray iridescent fish passed away a few days ago. The third fish is doing fine but still doesn't have a name.

The gray iridescent fish was a bit more bloated looking for about a week before her death. I cut down on feedings in case that was the issue. She was doing and acting well right up til the day she died. I believe she only suffered a few hours.

I was worried the other 2 girls would start fighting since gray fish was previously at the top of the pecking order so the next day I went out and bought 2 more girls. I would have gotten 3 but my store only had 1 inexpensive fish and the rest were $22+. I bought the inexpensive girl and one expensive girl. The inexpensive one is still a baby; she is very small and still has stripes. She is an iridescent blue that looks purple in most light. The other is a marble koi betta. She is mainly red and black on her back and white/yellow on her belly and face. She has a few iridescent scales scattered about.

I was worried on how they'd settle in but everything went incredibly smooth. My 2 original girls were very welcoming of their new tank mates and the 2 new girls were very respectful of their elders 😂. By that I mean: I didn't see a single flare from anyone and they all just swam around in peace. Considering how smooth everything went, I might go get another girl for the tank.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts