Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So I have a 2-inch female betta (“Lucy) at my office cubicle living in a 1 gal aqueon minibow (please spare me the tank upgrade requests, it’s an awesome setup: filtered, ~80 degrees, cycled, black sand, plants, and she’s quite happy). The current was initially a bit strong, so I placed a fluval pre-filter sponge over the filter intake, which solved the issue. However, my betta has now discovered that she can literally swim inside the filter output itself, which I’m suspecting is the cause of a ripped tail fin since the only other items in the tank are soft plants.

Has anybody experienced this issue and/or do you have any ideas for a way to keep my betta out of the filter output?

The output in question can be seen in the upper right-hand corner of the attached photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
My DSPK did this, and I moved the output out of the water, howeve, that filter couldn't sit out of the water very well with the tank I had so I switched to a different filter and now he can't swim into it (granted he does swim behind it).

Reactions: betta612

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I suppose I can just keep the water level a bit lower so the output is higher than the surface. Unless my betta learns to jump like an athlete, that should work. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
No problem, glad I could help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts