Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a male delta fin betta and he's ready for a new tank. I currently have him in a 2.5 gallon glass jar with a spigot at the bottom I use to remove old water. He seemed stressed when I put him in a 10gallon with a filter, so I am trying to keep water currents to a minimum. I am looking at a 3 gallon tank but instead of using it's filter, I was thinking of buying a filter made for a 1 gallon tank to reduce water flow. Has anyone tried this before, or do you have a better suggestion? Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I've used an aquaclear 20 with cut foam over the intake and outflow on my 10g for bettas before. Also used aqauclear70 (meant for 60g tank) on a 20g long with foam again and worked well for reducing flow.
If you are getting a less than 5g tank look at Azoo palm, JEBO 501, or aquatop's PFE-1 HOB
They all have low flow rates. Azoo comes with pre-filter (to put on intake) but its easy to make a cover with some canister sponge/foam too. You can also look into mini sponge filters like jardin mini cylindrical sponge filter (will need air pump, i use tetra whisper 10)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts