Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Toys

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Fawneh1359 
#1 ·
My Dumbo male betta, Dawn, likes to jump for his food, swim in between my fingers, and follow a finger. He also swims towards soft vibrations, like me softly tapping his tank.

I've been trying to think of certain toys or something he can play with, but it hasn't been working. He will try to bite the pink string I have, but that's about it. He just swims under the ping pong ball, ignoring it, he didn't respond to the food in bottle cap thing, and I'm not sure what else to try.

Does anyone have any ideas for him? He's not lazy but he seems to only play with me and not other toys or things I put in for him.

I know it's not necessary but I think it would be a good idea.

#3 ·
Is it the beads younger kids use for making little bracelets and such, about a centimeter wide and tall?

And what do you mean by the glass? (Maybe a picture...?)

#5 ·
Ohh, okay, thank you. The only thing I thought of so far as in decor is one of those sand art things I found that I did when I was younger, but i don't think I really have room and I don't trust the cap to keep the sand in. The beads are a good idea though, thank you. I'll have to try that if I can find some of my old ones lying around somewhere.

#7 ·
I'll think about it, but I rather test things like beads or other items I have laying around considering he hasn't shown interest in toys so buying might be a waste. If he likes it, I'll see, thank you.

#9 ·
It's okay haha! I found a ton of beads and other things laying around, but could you tell me which you think I should try? I'm scared he will try to swallow one and choke. I got some different colors cause some say that their betas prefer one colored object to another.

Plastic Hand Finger Fashion accessory Bead

#10 ·
Thank you so much for the idea! I tried the blue long bead, the white bead that is the same type as the teal and reddish pink, the large brown bead, and the fluff balls. He tried to eat the balls so I immediately removed those, he didn't like the long blue or the brown large, but he did play/bite (I can't even tell haha) the white bead.

#11 ·
You can also try those flattened glass marbles -- some bettas like to poke them around on the floor.

There's a member on here who sells custom tubes and towers (think of those carpeted maze things that cat owners sometimes get) for bettas, made of plastic. They come in many bright colors.

You can also get a floating betta mirror, but you should only put that in for a few min a day to avoid stressing your betta too much.

I like to move around objects near the tank (but outside the tank), where my boy can see them. It's a great way to use aquarium decor that you discover is not safe, but looks cool.

#12 ·
Okay, thank you. I don't think I have glass marbles leftover from a decor in the house but I'll see if there are any large rocks I can find from my old tank. I'm not sure if he flares, it's hard for me to tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.