Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started training Charlie today and he’s doing really well!
So far I’ve succeeded in getting him to watch my finger as I move it along the glass while slightly drifting in the right direction
To eat from my fingers when both food and fingers are placed slightly underwater
And to jump slightly out of the water to receive a treat
I tried getting him to swim through a hoop to food on the other side, but he’s scared of the hoop. Maybe I’ll try that one again next week. So proud of Charlie so far!
72BFC650-3F9D-4EE1-B65A-981CDCE2045E.jpeg

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's so funny! I've seen videos of people doing betta tricks but I've never done it myself besides occasionally encouraging them to eat from my hand. You'll have to share the pics/video if Charlie cooperates with the hoop!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh definitely! Yet he never seems to want to do any of the tricks when my judgmental younger sister is watching lol. She thinks I’m a crazy fish lady, and she’s kinda right.
but I’ll definitely take some videos!

·
Registered
481 Posts
What I do to train my betta to go through a hoop is teach them to follow/attack my fingertip! I put the hoop in the water and stick my fingertip into the water on the other side, gets em' every time! It's a great way to have your fish do tricks without food!

BTW my betta also attacks my brothers lego men if I put them near the waters surface, might want to try that!

·
Registered
411 Posts
You have fallen for a Betta scam, we do not train bettas they train us, Betta thinks to self " I wonder if I can train the silly human to give me a pellet every time I flare at it " and it works every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts