Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother's betta hasn't eaten since we brought him home, about 6 days ago. He's been staying at the top of the tank, in a corner since then. But this morning, we found him at the bottom of the tank, upside down! His gills look inflamed, and he seems to have trouble breathing. He is in a filtered 2 1/2 gallon tank, with a heater, keeping it around 79 degrees. Is he going to die? Or is he just really sick? I've read something about Swim Bladder disorder... Could he have that?

·
Registered
556 Posts
He might have Swim Bladder Disorder. I'd say fast him, but he hasn't eaten in a week....I'm sorry I wish I knew of something

·
Registered
979 Posts
Please fill this out to the best of your ability:

WATER STATS
Please try to answer these to the best of your ability. If you do not have a test kit, please bring a sample of tankwater to the nearest local pet store. They should test it for cheap, but most of the time free. Write the actual numbers down, don’t take ‘okay’, ‘low’ or ‘fine’ for an answer.

Temperature: 79

pH:

Ammonia:

Nitrite:

Nitrate:

I am suspecting ammonia poisoning at the moment. Have you been removing all the food he doesn't eat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind, thanks for your help, but the poor little thing died this afternoon, hours after I posted.... :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts