Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 gallon minibow. It is filtered and planted. I have no heater, but the water is 80* F. I cannot buy a chiller, could I possibly use a few ice cubes per day to regulate temp a bit? If not, does anybody have suggestions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My aquarium fluctuates between 78-80f I believe the range for Betta's can be as high as 82f. The fluctuation of adding ice cubes would be more harmful than the higher temperature. If the temperature continues to rise you could place a desktop fan so that it blows gently on the surface of the water. Also try positioning your tank so it isn't near a window getting direct sunlight. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The average Betta can tolerate temperatures anywhere from 75-85 degrees so, it is my belief that 80 degrees not at all too warm.. As a matter of fact, my betta tanks.. (one 5 gallon the other a 29 gallon community tank) are both kept right around 80-82 degrees on average..

"If the temperature continues to rise you could place a desktop fan so that it blows gently on the surface of the water. Also try positioning your tank so it isn't near a window getting direct sunlight. Hope that helps.": Agreed Dragon

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
80 degrees is fine. Like Dragon41214 said, if the water gets too warm, turn on a desk top fan or something similar to cool down the tank. Putting ice cubs in the water might shock the fish.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is kind of funny, the AC in my house is @ 74. With the light on for 10 hours a day it keeps his water around the 78 - 80 range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts