Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have an 8 year-old Betta named Shadow. He seems to have been growing/keeping a type of white fungus for the last two months despite treatment, and I do not know what to do next. I've attached photos below and filled out a form I saw in another thread. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Housing: Spherical fish bowl with Betta Bed Leaf Hammock.
How many gallons is your tank? 1.
Does it have a filter? No.
Does it have a heater? No.
What temperature is your tank? 72 F.
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No.
Does your Betta have tank mates? No.

Food:
What food brand do you use? TetraBetta.
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets.
Freeze-dried? No.
How often do you feed your Betta? Twice a day, 8 pellets total.

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? Weekly.
What percentage of water did you change? 100%.
What is the source of your water? Tap water.
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? No substrate.
What additives do you use? What brand of conditioner? BettaSafe Water Conditioner.

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? 2 months ago.
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? He did not have the white growth (fungus?) on his body. Before the symptoms, he was 100% the dark blue color you can see in the photos I attached.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? No change in behavior; he swims around as usual and eats normally.
Is your Betta still eating? Yes.
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? When I noticed the symptoms, I used API Pimafix for the first two weeks, stopped treatment for two weeks, and used Kordon Rid-Ich Plus for the next two weeks. All of these were recommended by people in pet stores. None of the treatments have helped.
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? No.
How long have you owned your Betta? 8 years.
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? No.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I bought him in 2010. I'm wondering if the white growth is just due to his age. I've been considering getting freshwater aquarium salt, but am not sure as there are mixed reviews online about doing so (and, the bowl is only 1 gallon, would it make that much of a difference?).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.